Being a Digital Marketer I have come across many third party app because I will not like to create new accounts every time I land on websites that would offer services to increase my post reach on Twitter with that new applications and simple give third party access to these new unknown apps. But forget to revoke access later to them.
Why you should revoke access to third party Twitter applications?
When you are using Twitter profile to login to other websites you should know that you are sharing access them to your timeline, contacts and everything that is happening on your Twitter profile.
So most of the time Twitter would send alerts about resetting the password until then their accounts would be blocked for malicious attempts to login.
Even I have received these alerts from Twitter because I don’t keep those websites listed regularly, due to which it will be difficult to know that I have given access to many sites and some of them may use to spam my profile with tweets.
Because users tend to forget about those services that he / she would had used to explore or experiment on their services.
So to avoid above consequences you should revoke access to third party services.
Here is a list of Twitter services and applications that every Twitter user must know
This Twitter is optimized for users with a disability and users of assistive technology. With simple interface makes it ideal for aged people, newbies and for those who are new to social media.
Platform: iPhone +iPad
This is Twitter client app that implements the full Twitter API for reading, sending and shared tweets.
With Echofon you will never read a tweet twice, it automatically keeps unread tweets in sync between apps on different devices, also this app makes it easy to sharing photos, videos.
With Favstar you can follow the number of favorites and retweets on every tweet from Twitter user.
Here is list other Twitter services know more
Top 10 Twitter Apps For Android
How to revoke access to third party app
Follow below steps to revoke access to unwanted apps:
- Login into your Twitter account.
- Click on your profile (top right corner on your screen).
- Select settings from the drop down menu.
- Select Apps with greater sign (>) from left side (middle) on your screen.
- Here you can see list of applications that you have granted access on your twitter account.
- Click on “Revoke Access” and you are done.
Also here is quick video I have created that would help you to simplify the process
How do you revoke access on twitter?
To revoke access yout Twitter app’s access to your account from the web: Sign in to your account from a desktop or laptop computer. Go to your Apps settings. Locate the iOS by Apple application and click Revoke access.
How do I delete apps from my twitter?
Visit Twitter. Click the profile drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen and select “Settings.” Click “Apps” in the sidebar on the left side of the screen to view all of the apps that have access to your Twitter account. (Or alternatively, click here to go right to app permissions.)
How to revoke your twitter account from other phones?
To revoke access of apps go to this URL https://twitter.com/settings/applications and Revoke Access to the app your friend’s device uses for Twitter login and your friend won’t be able to log into your account again without your permission. You can also change the password and it will log out of all accounts.
Hope this article has helped you understand the importance of revoking twitter access on unwanted third party apps on your Twitter account.
- Increase YouTube Ranking For Your Older Videos (Fast) - 02/07/2017
- How To Download Voot App – Learn To Install Voot App For Android Phone - 08/31/2016
- Free Youtube Channel Analytics – Learn To Find Which Keywords Got You Views On Your YouTube Video - 07/30/2016
- How To Revoke Access For Third Party Apps on Twitter (Video) - 06/24/2016
- How to add Bing webmaster tool to WordPress 2016 - 06/11/2016
- Tired Of Social Media Audience Analysis Tools Old Way? Read This - 03/04/2016
- Should Fixing Long Tail Keywords Generator Take 100 Steps? (Video) - 02/21/2016
- How to link your YouTube channel on Facebook page - 01/29/2016
- List Of Hashtags That Can Help Bloggers - 10/30/2015
- Twitter Rolls Out Polling Feature, News Update - 10/24/2015