Before we go to the main topic of how to add Bing webmaster tool to WordPress (or making it simple verification code) to your website I wish to state here that most first time bloggers tend to ignore adding the webmaster verification code to their WordPress-hosted blog.
Here we go…
Webmaster tools when it is linked to your website will make sure that your website is successively maintained.
Because you can see details on search appearance that is included with:
- Search appearance
- Search Traffic
- Search Engine Index
- Crawling your website or blog
To make it simple you can understand how the search engine is interacting with your site and find the errors that would push your ranking on the search engine at the lower level.
Apart from errors, you can see what keyword is triggering your website since most people tend to create articles based on keywords that will be easy to rank on search engines.
How to get Google verification code for a website:
I have created 2:59 minute’s video on how to get Google verification code from Google Webmaster tools and add it to your WordPress blog:
First things First you need to login to your Google Webmaster tool account and add your blog property.
To setup you property with selecting demographics and other necessary details, so once you are done you can select the property where you need to add verification code.
So click on the Manage Property button which appears on the right side on your screen then you see a drop down with details like
• Add or remove users
• Delete property
Be careful and don’t click on delete property but select Add or remove users.
So now you have the new page loaded where you will be able to see the users and property owners as the heading.
Click on the right top corner (gear icon) meant or settings.
Select verification details then you have Meta tag > Details so select details.
And once you click on details you should be able to see meta with a verification code and select the code with is just appearing after content and in between double quotes.
Now login into you WordPress Dashboard (hope you have already added Yoast SEO plugin) if not you have the link here to download the plugin () with version3.2.5
So once you have activated the plugin click SEO and select General.
Then select Webmaster Tools tab, you should be seeing four options and just need to add the code which is copied from Google Webmaster Tools and paste it here.
So now you need to test it whether it is able to crawl your site.
Before we move on adding verification code from Bing to WordPress, let us understand how Bing is competing with Google
What are their share based on recent research that I did to understand their domination on various products and services that they would provide.
Bing Vs Google
• Google provides more relevant information when compared to Bing which lacks the quality of results.
• Bing’s social integrations are much better because Google depends mostly on its own platform Google plus for social data.
• Google’s instant results are better when compared to Bing since they provide more relevant and fast.
• Google’s other products that are more popular among consumers which mean that search results are better tailored to their individual searchers.
• Eighty percent of internet users consider Google as their primary search engine, with lesser than ten percent claim Bing as theirs.
• Bing’s search results are more visually pleasing than Google.
• Eighty-three percent of Google users search on Google daily when compared to seventy-eight percent of Bing users searching on Bing daily.
• Most Google users are under the age of 45 years and most Bing users are over 45 years.
Bing Ads vs Adwords
How to verify WordPress site with Bing
Before we are going to add verification code I hope that by this time you have successfully installed Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress blog.
Login to your WordPress dashboard and click on Yoast SEO (icon appears as Y SEO)
You will be seeing a list of other links so just select XML Sitemaps from the list.
Click on XML Sitemap button that opens another tab in your browser.
Select the URL of this new tab which should end with sitemap_index.xml copy and save it in your text file since we need to add it to your bing webmaster tool.
Once you have successfully completed above steps now we are going to Bing Webmaster tools.
Search for Bing Webmaster Tools on your search engine and register a free account, yes you heard it right its is FREE because they stand in second place after Google search engine.
Once you have successfully registered your account now enter the site URL and click add.
Once you are done adding the new website you need to verify site ownership, so click on the link which says verify now.
Now you can see three different options
Option 1: Place an XML file on your web browser
Option 2: Copy and paste a <meta>tag in your default webpage
Option 3: Add CNAME record to DNS
So you need to select and copy just the verification code that is in double quotes and inside the meta tag.
Add this verification code in Yoast SEO plugin just next to Bing Webmaster tools white box and save this info.
Go back to your Bing Webmaster page and select the site that you added.
By clicking on the website you will be leading to Dashboard, and you should be able to see the Submit a Sitemap which is just right side bottom on your screen (without scrolling down further) and the URL that you had copied earlier in your text file just copy and paste it here and save it.
After completing this process you should be able to see the details of indexed links on your dashboard.
Now you have successfully completed “How to verify WordPress site with Bing”
So Yoast SEO is well-known sitemap generator plugin for WordPress, which it top rated by its users.
About Yoast SEO Plugin For WordPress
Yoast SEO was formerly known as WordPress SEO by Yoast which is one of the best SEO plugin available for WordPress.org users.
This plugin helps you edit snippet with real-time page analysis that helps you understand how your article scoring, also optimize your page content followed with image, title, meta description and many other features to help your rank better for your article.
Some of the Yoast SEO Features:
• Post titles and meta descriptions
• Robots meta configuration
• Primary category
• Permalink cleanup
• XML sitemaps
Downloads – 29,177,351
Ratings – 1939 (4 / 5 stars)
You can learn more on their page https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/
Hope this article has given you inputs on how important it is to add Bing webmaster tool to WordPress including Google Webmaster tool.
Can you make it simple or you have a different technique, please share it and leave your comments below.
- Increase YouTube Ranking For Your Older Videos (Fast) - 02/07/2017
- How To Download Voot App – Learn To Install Voot App For Android Phone - 08/31/2016
- Free Youtube Channel Analytics – Learn To Find Which Keywords Got You Views On Your YouTube Video - 07/30/2016
- How To Revoke Access For Third Party Apps on Twitter (Video) - 06/24/2016
- How to add Bing webmaster tool to WordPress 2016 - 06/11/2016
- Tired Of Social Media Audience Analysis Tools Old Way? Read This - 03/04/2016
- Should Fixing Long Tail Keywords Generator Take 100 Steps? (Video) - 02/21/2016
- How to link your YouTube channel on Facebook page - 01/29/2016
- List Of Hashtags That Can Help Bloggers - 10/30/2015
- Twitter Rolls Out Polling Feature, News Update - 10/24/2015