You created a video and uploaded it to your YouTube channel, started seeing the views has increased but who is coming to your videos?
Why viewers matter?
If you want to grow a channel on YouTube, getting an audience to watch your videos is critical.
When you can perfect in on what they like and hook viewers what they want to return and see more, you can see increases in clock time.
A loyal community of viewers can also help promote your videos to new audiences through their own channels.
And give instant feedback about what they do and do not like, time to build these relationships is needed, but can be rewarding as your channel grows.
How YouTube is important for your blog or business
YouTube was started in February 2005 by 3 former Paypal employees as a way to easily upload, stream and share their videos.
YouTube is presently the largest video sharing site.
YouTube is understood to become second search engine because a picture is worth thousand words and video is worth more than thousand words.
Some interesting facts that you should know about YouTube:
• 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
• 50% of videos have been rated or include comments from the community
• 20% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
• 10% of YouTube videos are in HD
• 60% of in-stream ads are skip able
• 64% of teens now listen to music using YouTube
• Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
• 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
• YouTube is localized in 43 countries across 50+ languages
• YouTube is available on 350 million devices
• Approximately 4 billion plus videos are viewed daily
Some of the YouTube competitors
• Daily Motion
Do you know who is landing on your videos is that organic?
Because if your targeted audience is not viewing the content that you created then it would be others who is by mistake landing on your channel or video.
If this is fact then your video will be pushed down for second or third page that would result in fewer views and lesser conversion.
So is there a way to find which keyword or search term is getting visitors to your channel?
Yes there is a way by using YouTube analytics tool by YouTube Analytics which is FREE and simple to use and understand.
Where can you find YouTube video Analytics?
You can get this simple and effective tool on your YouTube channel.
Below is video by creator academy on YouTube channel analytics:
Here we go and let us get started exploring this tool to know where you can see search terms that is getting you viewers.
So once you’re logged into your channel follow below steps:
• Step 1: From the dashboard on your channel click on Analytics with small graph icon.
• Step 2: First will be Overview & Realtime
• Step 3: Scroll down with Watch Time Reports
• Step 4: Click on traffic sources
• Step 5: Then you will see graph and traffic source list
• Step 6: Click on YouTube Search
• Step 7: Then you will see table with heading – traffic source, watch time (minutes), views, YouTube red watch time (minutes), YouTube Red Views and last one being average view duration.
Step 8: You will have other three different tabs
You can get the demographic details of your viewers
You can sort ascending or descending for details on watch time, views followed with YouTube red watch time and views.
• Subscription Status
You can know number of people who subscribed to your YouTube channel details available (percentage data)
How to create successful YouTube channel infographic by wearetop10.com
Are you wondering what is YouTube Red how it would affect your channel whether you should have more YouTube Red viewers.
Then short answer is that YouTube Red is paid monthly subscription service where users will not see ads during their time spent on YouTube videos.
People have already paid to stop seeing advertisements. So what is good in it for you? You will be paid with ad revenue generated.
So do you need longer videos or shorter videos to attract YouTube Red viewers and the answer will be the content which has more engagement.
I chose only to highlight one of the feature from YouTube analytics on how to find the organic search term that gets views to your videos, Analytics is big subject and needs better understanding so when used efficiently your videos can rank on the first page of search engine and reach the targeted audience. Also this can help you build your brand.
Hope this article has made it simple for YouTube channel admins to manage their channel effectively.
Do you know techniques that can help YouTube video creators, please share the techniques on the comment.